Our first Live Video Podcast – focusing on the wine world in the face of the postponement/cancellation of all of its major Winter/Spring events: Chengdu Wine Fair, Prowein, Vinitaly, Vinexpo Hong Kong, RAW London…
We were delighted to welcome:
- Ian Ford, former CEO of Summergate, one of China’s top importers, and now heading the Nimbility consultancy in Asia;
- Stevie Kim, boss of Vinitaly, Wine2Wine, 5StarWines, OperaWine and the Vinitaly International Academy;
- Jane Anson, Bordeaux correspondent of Decanter and author of Inside Bordeaux;
- Isabelle Legeron MW, creator of the RAW natural wine fairs globally;
- Felicity Carter, editor of Meininger’s Wine Business International, based in Neustadt, Germany;
- Andre Riberinho, head of Adegga events and Portugal Wine Week
The session was hosted by Polly Hammond of digital marketing consultancy 5Forests, who was in Barcelona and Robert Joseph, the Wine Thinker, who was in the south of England The session was thrown together at four days notice, and there are some obvious glitches in the recording (not least the ‘Celebrity Squares’ format.) However, we hope the content is of interest (we had a lot of great feedback from the 150 or so participants who followed it live) and we’d love you to continue the conversation here.
We plan to be recording sessions like this once or twice weekly during the COVID-19 crisis, and have some great guests lined up, so please subscribe to follow what we’re doing. And please pitch in with suggestions of how we can do it better!